Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ciao from Firenze


Ciao Ciao everyone!

I have finally made it to Florence (and finally have internet!) Let me tell you- it was not an easy journey. Reasons why:

1) Crabby old lady in front of me
2) Crabby old man behind me
3) Italian couple sitting next to me who liked to push the boundaries of flight PDA so much that a few times over the Atlantic I was pretty sure they were going to join the mile high club.
4) Charles de Gaulle is the worst airport I have been too! Avoid at all costs- EXTREMELY CONFUSING AND THE STAFF IS NO HELP! I almost missed my flight to Florence and barely escaped heart failure.

But none of that really matters anymore, because I am finally here (jet lag and all.) This city is so incredibly beautiful and I feel blessed to be here. The staff is so kind and helpful and everyone in the program is great. We all had a lot of fun last night just hanging out and getting to know one another.

Not much more to report right now- tomorrow we are doing tons of exploring because we have a group scavenger hunt! So I promise those pictures. For now, I hope you enjoyed the shot from my balcony (yes I have a balcony and one of the best views in the palazzo!)

Tanti baci,
Lauren

5 comments:

  1. My dearest Lauren, I bet right now you are exploring Florence and eating amazing food. I am so glad to hear that you arrived safely and are in good spirits! I miss you tons! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are there safe and sound and are having a blast! I can't wait to see your pictures from your scavenger hunt and skype when we get the chance. The view from your balcony is beautiful. Love you biffle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao bella!

    I'm so glad to hear that you got there safe. I love your picture of Santo Spirito...I MISS IT!

    Sorry to hear about your flight experience, you should treat yourself to a cookies and coconut gelato from La Carraia! :oD

    Good luck with school babe, I know we'll both be crazy-busy but I'm glad we can keep in touch.

    Enjoy every minute of your time there, Florence is so beautiful, isn't it???

    Ciao ciao mi regazza <3 Ti amo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you are happy! Can't wait to come visit you! love and miss you tons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren! I'm here in Montauk with Nanny-
    Nanny says you look gorgeous in your picture, and she also wants to know if there are any cute guys ;) SOunds like you're having fun!!
    Love Nana Banana

    Love, Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete