Monday, September 13, 2010

Italian Time



Buona Sera Amici!

Sorry it has taken me forever to update last week was filled with orientation, reading, Italian class and lots of running around the city. The picture above is me outside the European Union Institute; our program allows us to use it to do research and study. It is a beautiful old abbey that was once a place of reflection for Lorenzo de' Medici. Just amazing. (Also I want to note that shortly before this photo was taken there was a GIANT storm- like I literally could have made a birds nest in my hair from all the twigs that got stuck into it. But in true diva style, I was able to get myself clean up enough to take a mom photo.)

Needless to say all of this excitement means...Sono stanca!

It is hard to believe I have been here almost two weeks! In a lot of ways it feels more like a life time. Maybe that is because everything seems slower, more relaxed in Italy (well everything except for the traffic...Beltway drivers have NOTHING on Italians. Cross the street at your own peril.) Nevertheless, days leisurely drip by, each instant more sluggish then the last.

It may not be the perfect environment for an intensive one year graduate program- but hey I'm digging it for the time being.









Tanti Baci,
Lauren

PS: Just some administrative stuff for those who have been asking. Trust me when I tell you, I want to update my photos as much as possible. However, internet here is touch and go cause like everything else in Italy it does what it wants. I promise to do the best I can this week to get a photo album up on facebook and my other photo album account. Hopefully, my Italian internet will cooperate or else I may need to enlist the help of the Mafia.

Ciao Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I love your sillyness. :oD
    Cross the street at your own peril is right! I enjoy your Italian phrases <3. Love you and I hope things are going well. It is a little bit slower over there, but I think it's nice! You'll be so busy that you'll need to relax with a glass of vino. <3 I wish I could join you!!

    TANTI BACI!

    ReplyDelete