Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's Raining Waffles




Brussels is a city that is very near and dear to my heart. It is a city where my parents traveled to as newlyweds on their first real trip together. That is why finally getting to go to the city with such special memories for them was extremely important to me. I truly enjoyed Brussels, Belgium. It is an extremely cosmopolitan city; however, it has a type of quaint charm that harks back to times long since past. The rain was it's one flaw for me; I would have liked to have gotten some shots of the city in another color other than gray (good thing I will be back in April!)








Even though it was a busy academic trip, I found that it fulfilled by intellectual side by allowing me to be total EU nerd while there (This EU thing, it just has so...so many abbreviations...eh...eh....just google it!) However, it did not disappoint my inner wander lusting gypsy with all of the interesting sights.



(Observe Above: EU nerding)



(Observe Above: Gypsying/Wander lusting about the Grand Platz)


And who can forget the waffles- AMAZING. Trust me, I ate two in a row!*



Tanti Baci,
Lauren


*It must be noted that some toppings on my first waffle fell off mid-bite. EPIC FAIL.

1 comment:

  1. Those waffles look amazing Biffle! I finally got a chance to read through your blog and all about your adventures. I miss you so much and I love seeing all this beauty in your life. I can't wait to hear more. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete