Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Living Fairytale




People say that it is a fact that fairytales have give people unrealistic expectations about love and life; this is a debatable assertion (but I can't lie the story of Cinderella helped foster my shoe fetish from an early age.) What is a fact is that once you travel to Prague it will give you unrealistic expectations about cities. Because when you walk through the small city you feel like you have truly entered an enchanted realm. I was half expecting for talking animals to bust out of the astrological clock and start singing to me as I frolicked around the city.

*Now cue the sweeping Disney tunes*








The city is breathtaking. However, Prague's beauty is not only it's blessing but it is also it's curse. It is almost too beautiful, too perfect looking. It makes a part of you reject ever wanting to live there because you innately know you just don't belong.








Nevertheless, the enchanted atmosphere of Prague allows one from time to time pretend that all of those unrealistic expectations do exist.




Tanti Baci,
Lauren

PS: My apologies for the lack of posts over the past few months. I have been swamped with school and am using my break to catch up on my posts! xox

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Prague is absolutely beautiful, just as my precious boo is. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself so much! Love you always! XO

    ReplyDelete